gema
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for every gema-assaultcube fan

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulMuadDibKA

PaulMuadDibKA

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2011-11-15

Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Empty
PostSubject: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Hello fellow Gema lovers. It´s me, PaulMuadDibKA (who wont be using that name in-game anymoar Wink!!1!111 And I´m directly to the point:

This post is about the impossible, its about the madness, its about the craze, its about a new age; but it´s mostly about love. Love for GEMAS, love for what it represents, love for a community that is out there and thats is AWESOMENESS at it best.
It´s all based around one little concept. Jumping is fun. And jumping in Assault Cube, holding the MTP-57 Assault Rifle, in community made maps, online and with awesome people is just something unimaginable. Well, you could always say its possible that , the first time you play AC, the first server you connect is a GEMA full of nice people, that you manage to start talking to them and that THEN you are shown how it works. But most likely what will happen is that after wandering along the nice land of the CTF and T/OSOK´s, the votes and maps, the this and thats, you will eventually land on a gema and start fragging the shit outta those enemies. Reds or Blues. RVSF and CLA, the blood of this game. If you see the flag holder, you will shoot at him or, if you fall in a hole , you will struggle to get out while shooting endlessly. The beginning is difficult for everyone.
Now, there is a sector of people that believe GEMAS have got nothing to do with AC. They go even to the depths of though involving hatred (GEMA on AKIMBO, lol) or indifference. I believe that when there´s something valuable inside one´s shelf its better to share it with others instead of holding it for yourself. And GEMAS are a very nice and important part of this GAME, and it should not be let aside.
I´m not talking only about the dev team or hatefull trolls. Im also talking to you, GEMA community. You know who you are Wink.
Each of us have one thing in common, we love gemas. Each in our own marvelous way, and each one possibly different. What we need to do is to share, to share our GEMA knowledge with this awesome community that AC is.
This way GEMAS could become a real part of it, an instead of having to post in an "obscure" forum, there would be an official forum thread, with official rules and an official GEMA mode. But I´m not here to discuss a GEMA mode or not. I´m here for a reason..
This is the first part of a plan to get GEMAS where they deserve. GEMAS are fun the way they are. But some people dont seem to acknowledge it, so lets make it easy for them to become a G3M4 PR0.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN EASY GUIDE TO GEMA JUMPING

When facing a GEMA you may encounter various challenges. Here you will learn how to avoid them in your quest to find the flag and beat everyone in the server and score. You might want to make it fast or you might want do it it with style but what its probably sure is that you will have to jump. A lot. And in various different ways. So here it is, the guide to GEMA jumping, enjoy!

-Note that GEMA stands for "labyrinth" styled map where the Flag is hidden and you have to find it. To learn about different GEMA map structures refer to further installments of this guide Wink

Easy
-Jump: press Space.
-Normal jump : press Space while moving forward, backward, left or right.
-Strafe run jump: press Space while strafe running (W+A, W+D, S+A, A+D) to gain length.
#Strafe running is an essential part for GEMAS.

Easy-Medium
-Jump and crouch: press Space, then, in mid air, crouch (Left Shift).
You can go to places you never imagined.
-Strafe run jump and crouch: same as above while strafe running.
Works in mid-air: If the surface you want to reach is below and, for example, you can´t jump, this might come handy.

Medium
-Rifle jump*: Use the MTP-57 Assault Rifle´s recoil to your advantage both for gaining speed (length) and altitude.
For going up, aim down. This will push you upwards.
-Move while rifle jumping: Same as above but on movement. Those hard to reach places wont be a challenge no more.
^Very important note: To stop momentum crouch when landing (Left Shift).
-Rifle crouching: In some places you will need to be crouching to advance. There might be gaps between the surfaces. Use the recoil to maintain on air and pass above.
* A variety of this jump can be found on Match gameplay where you use the recoil to gain velocity and "fly" across the maps. Thats the premise around which GEMA evolves.

Hard
-Strafe rifle jumping: same as above, only know you could be facing real challenge.
The difficult part is to see where are you going to land. Plan carefully each jump. It might take a few tries.
-Rifle jump + Crouch : Crouch when at maximum height to gain altitude.
#Rifle jump + Crouch is an essential part for GEMAS.

Very Hard
-Grenade jump: Are you at a dead end? Is there a grenade pick up and some armor nearby? Maybe its time for the ultimate jump. Face down and shoot that grenade at your feet, count the timer and jump just before the grenade explodes. If done correctly (and with armor pick up), it will launch the you to the sky!
-Backward strafe running + rifle jumping: If a place is very far away then comes the most difficult jump . It needs to be carefully thought before you jump blindly and at fast speed in any given situation. So, prepare yourself and train hard cause GEMA mappers will ask for all your strength and will put you up to a challenge!

Advanced Jumps
-Various combinations of the above tricks apply. For example, you can crouch coming from a grenade jump to fit into a small square or you can rifle jump and crouch to get over the fences all around Assault Cube. Its up to your imagination!

Well, I hope this has clarified some minds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That above I intend to post in the AC forum, when we manage to polish it with the help of us all. As for now, if anyone reads this, feel free to mess with it and improve it in any way imaginable. Grammar check anyone? XD

Last edited by FamousKA on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
|HP|
Admin
|HP|

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2010-06-01

Gema stats
farthest jump: MAX

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:01 am

Poetic:D Personally I dont think the "devs" or the so called "elite" have any ability to think outside of the CUBE that they created for themselves.

They have their minds set on "realistic environment" and that engine limitation shit is getting old...engine cant do this, engine cant do that....blahblah bullshit. They just dont have any courage to do something different about ac. Would it be so bad to have a realistic and not so realistic part of AC? Would that be so fucking bad?

I dont think we can change anything by showing them that gema is actually pretty smart and fun......but we can try to help new gema players, at least while gema is still alive.

We can do all these jumps and make GIFS of every one or do a video.

Peace
Back to top Go down
PaulMuadDibKA

PaulMuadDibKA

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am

XDD
Well , that´d be awesome. I have this spots taken for the making of the Gif,s or videos (which I asume you could make HP? I can help all you want). They are all from current official maps.

Easy
-Jump:
XXX

-Normal jump
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) TRxHPl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Bv4asl

-Strafe run jump:
1 The full circuit up to the other door.
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) D0mVrl

Easy-Medium
-Jump and crouch:
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Bc1mSl

Medium
-Rifle jump:
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) MTSbzl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) VMSWSl

-Move while rifle jumping:
Put any flag running video in any given stage.

-Rifle crouching:
Not of use.

Hard
-Strafe run jump and crouch:
1 Here it can be done through the window and then back
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Rpplql
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) 022jEl
3 The full circuit all the way to the other side.
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) XqPsNl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Ifg5Sl

-Strafe rifle jumping:
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) 5B9mnl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) JUnsxl

-Rifle jump + Crouch :
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) QsP4fl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) XoZbWl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) ZlOjYl

Very Hard
-Grenade jump:
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) RPthEl
Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Z0sr6l

-Backward strafe running + rifle jumping:
It doesnt occur me where, maybe to access central douze pillar.

Im sure you people can find other spots too. Please be welcome to do so Wink)))))))

Back to top Go down
Nirude
Admin
Nirude

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2010-04-21

Gema stats
farthest jump: 38

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:41 am

Hey, I am happy to see that GEMA community is still growing with some good and motivated players. I agree with you, we could do some interesting stuff to develop gema, this forum stand for it... It was suppose to become a good place for all gema players with many gemas, etc... But the reality got me. The time got me: I am now studying hard and I have no time for gema, I can just connect sometimes and spend a little time during holidays... not enough.
That's why I can't help you, or just a little.

For gema tutorial, I think we should speak about ladders (W + S), clip (throw it thanks to nade), fake wall, fake mapmodels. People should know that it can exist, and what they should do if they see something like that...
Back to top Go down
https://gema.forumactif.com
PaulMuadDibKA

PaulMuadDibKA

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Yes bro, that would be the second part of my plan, to do a GEMA guide to useful mapping where all the tricks to make fun and difficult maps could be explained. As you said, fake mapmodels,secret stairs, etc... Anyway it should be noticed Ac Dev team is working hard on implementing map restrictions to cap mappers ability to avoid restrictions. Thats why we should work fast , im not referring personaly to you Nirude, even not at all as you explained your situation, but to all of the GEMA community out there. As I said, all help is welcome, and I think it might be time to post the guide to GEMA jumping on the official forum. I will write the final revision soon enough and then ill ask HP or any other to post it for me. Peace!
Back to top Go down
Nirude
Admin
Nirude

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2010-04-21

Gema stats
farthest jump: 38

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 am

OK it's fine.
I agree, map restriction is a real danger for gemas...
There are 2 solutions:
-develop and distribute an AC no map restriction (I have already done it on AC SVN), and maybe more: a dedicated GEMA client and server with new features...
-do like on 1.1: trying to escape from restriction and give tips for it to all players.
Back to top Go down
https://gema.forumactif.com
PaulMuadDibKA

PaulMuadDibKA

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok, Ive posted it on Offtopic quote section so a mod moves it to general, lets hope they do!
Please all go to comment on how awesome the thread is and how we all love gemas XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)   Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz) Empty

Back to top Go down

Its all about GEMA luv (or was it lulz)
Page 1 of 1