gema
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for every gema-assaultcube fan

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A note on of maps that will break in the next release

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UKnowMe?

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2012-10-08
Location/Localisation : Germany

Gema stats
farthest jump:

A note on of maps that will break in the next release Empty
PostSubject: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:38 am

As some might know, I'm currently messing around with the AssaultCube client and rewriting code parts, and while testing I found something odd: I could not shoot through clips anymore.
Of course, as I'm rewriting parts of the code, I thought that I broke something. But as I dug deeper in I found this commit of ac-stef, which effectively prevents you from shooting through clips; however, you can still get through the thinnest clips by throwing a nade on your head, but only the thinnest.
Second thing: they changed/corrected the ladder physics. While this won't break maps directly, it is a change which will affect especially GEMA gameplay. (And I know that there are some maps out there which rely on the current physics)

TL;DR: You can't shoot through clips anymore, only nade through clips of height = 0 and you can't climp ladders by pressing W + S at the same time anymore.

Edit: Just found that they changed the map restrictions again, gema.y_4 can't be played with the next version
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:50 am

whore

Last edited by BOKABORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UKnowMe?

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2012-10-08
Location/Localisation : Germany

Gema stats
farthest jump:

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:51 am

It's beautiful. Did you visit art school?

Are you bored or something?

Last edited by UKnowMe? on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RefleXXion

RefleXXion

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2014-03-06
Location/Localisation : Málaga, Fuengirola

Gema stats
farthest jump:

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:23 pm

UKnowMe? wrote:
As some might know, I'm currently messing around with the AssaultCube client and rewriting code parts, and while testing I found something odd: I could not shoot through clips anymore.
Of course, as I'm rewriting parts of the code, I thought that I broke something. But as I dug deeper in I found this commit of ac-stef, which effectively prevents you from shooting through clips; however, you can still get through the thinnest clips by throwing a nade on your head, but only the thinnest.
Second thing: they changed/corrected the ladder physics. While this won't break maps directly, it is a change which will affect especially GEMA gameplay. (And I know that there are some maps out there which rely on the current physics)

TL;DR: You can't shoot through clips anymore, only nade through clips of height = 0 and you can't climp ladders by pressing W + S at the same time anymore.

Edit: Just found that they changed the map restrictions again, gema.y_4 can't be played with the next version

wow, thanks.

HAPPY YEAR GEMAFRIENDS, HAVE A GOOD YEAR
Back to top Go down
D3AR|LucaBrasi

D3AR|LucaBrasi

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2013-12-28
Location/Localisation : G E R M A N Y - B A V A R I A N

Gema stats
farthest jump:

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 am

you can't climp ladders by pressing W + S at the same time anymore ??

really???   omg

A note on of maps that will break in the next release You-ca10
Back to top Go down
D3AR|LucaBrasi

D3AR|LucaBrasi

Joined/Date d'inscription : 2013-12-28
Location/Localisation : G E R M A N Y - B A V A R I A N

Gema stats
farthest jump:

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:07 am

UKnowMe sag mal spielst du eigentlich noch ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A note on of maps that will break in the next release   A note on of maps that will break in the next release Empty

Back to top Go down

A note on of maps that will break in the next release
Page 1 of 1